Consulting

Thread: Complicated VBA

Complicated VBA

HI all

I need some (actually a lot of help) with Excell

When I open a workbook lets call it workbookA it should automatically have n few sheets locked and then some unlocked (SheetA, SheetB has to be locked SheetC and SheetD has to be unlocked) this is no problem with protect workbook/sheet I just want to give as much information as possible

Where the VBA kicks in. Every time this workbook gets opened it has to get a new number in cellA1 (Example: If I open workbookA in cellA1 is a number 1, Now if I save and open it again cellA1 sould be 2). Now lets make it more complicated. I need n template using this code. When I open the template it wil change the cellA1 to 2 and if I save as to n new file and close, Open this template again It has to have CellA1 change to 3.

I also need n code that wont allow me to save until I fill in certain fields say CellA2 and CellA3

When I save then The entire workbook should automatically be protected so no one can change n thing. After the save only I can have the ability to change some stuff with the password.

Sorry if I confused you. I will be happy to answer all question

Thank you in advance

Good luck

Moderator VBAX Wizard Aussiebear's Avatar
    Name Cell A1 as 'Counter" and set value to 0, then add the following section of code

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    [Counter].Value = [Counter] + 1
    End Sub
    Everytime you open the workbook the count value should increase by 1
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link