Consulting

Thread: Multiple excel macro file running simultaneously in a single Access Database

VBAX Regular
    Multiple excel macro file running simultaneously in a single Access Database

Hi all,

I just want to ask, if a have an excel macro file that has a code that sends data on a MS Access database. Can I make multiple copy of that excel macro file to be used by several people and send data on a single MS Access database simultaneously without encountering errors about file being used or something?

VBAX Guru
    Access is designed to be multi user under normal user input, but you may have to test it under running a macro.
    The only time you are likely to have a conflict is if to users try to access the same record at the same time, they are likely to get a message telling that the data has changed since they looked at it last.

VBAX Regular
    Ok so since MS Access can be open by multiple users. Then is it ok if multiple users having their own copy of my excel macro, run my macro to open a connection on the MS Access and its table to input information on MS Access at the same time?

VBAX Guru
    Yes it should, but I have not tried it personally as it is normal to use an Access "Front End" to share the data in an Access a "Back End" database.
    It is better to control the input via an Access Form than work directly in a table.