Consulting

Thread: Outlook Macro to move all Junk Mail to Inbox

Outlook Macro to move all Junk Mail to Inbox

Hello!

I'm a user of an outlook.com email address an I'm using the software Outlook to access my emails.

The problem I have is the following: the junk filter of outlook.com is way to strict for me - it often moves important emails into the junk folder, where they get deleted automatically after 10 days. I use my email address on outlook.com only for "important stuff", meaning that I don't get any junk there. Consequently, 99% of the "junk-mails" that outlook.com is filtering for me, are emails which are important for me. And unfortunately, it's not possible to disable the junk filter on outlook.com.

I tried already around with simple filter rules, both on the outlook.com website and in the outlook software itself. But it seems that the guys at Microsoft are clever enough to know this trick. The "junk-mails" are always moved directly to the junk folder, no matter what kind of filters I set (I guess the filters are only applied to emails, which arrive in the inbox and not to those, that arrive in the junk folder).

So my question:
    Is it possible to set up a simple Outlook macro, that just moves all mails from the junk folder, as soon as they arrive there, to the inbox? And how would such a macro have to look like? I unfortunatelly don't have any experience with VBA.

Thanks for any help!

Why not turn off the junk mail filter?

junk.jpg
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

I turned off the junk filter already in Outlook. But Outlook.com is still filtering junk - and in the free version of Outlook.com it's not possible to disable the junk filter (probably to save Microsoft space on their servers). I think the Outlook.com server moves "junk-mails" straight to the junk folder - so that they never arrive in the inbox. This would explain why the filter rules aren't working.

It's also a well known issue for Outlook.com/Hotmail users: Link (however, the solution desribed there with the filter isn't working anymore)