Consulting

Thread: Userform & scanner, won't go to the next field

Userform & scanner, won't go to the next field

I have a simple userform that is collecting data from manufacturing. We use 2D scanners to collect serial number, model number, etc, super simple information. I have three users who intermittently lose the ability for the scanned information to go to the next field. They have to hit the tab key. It automatically goes to the next field for everyone else all the time. I can use their scanners on different computers, and it works perfectly, scanning the information and popping to the next field in the tab order. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is a possibility. Non English input method is being used.

Have you tried checking the settings on the userform to see if anything is off that might be causing this issue? Also, have you considered checking if the scanners are using the correct software or drivers? It's possible that updating or reinstalling the software might do the trick.
    Another option to consider is using a 3rd party solution, such as the Smart Engines SDK, to manage the data input process and make sure everything is going smoothly. This SDK can help you process the data from your scanners quickly and accurately, without any of the hiccups you're currently facing.

I am creating a inventory database for work. I am trying to get the cursor to jump to the next text box for data entry using a barcode scanner. I have a limit on how many characters there can be in this field but yet even after it is all filled the cursor stays in that same field. I am fairly new to access, especially in code building.
    Do I use "After Update" under "Event" in the "Property Sheet"?

for Access user, you can add Code to the Change Event and Keypress Event of your barCode textbox:
    Option Compare Database
    Option Explicit

Dim tfKeyed As Boolean

Private Sub txtBarcode_Change()
    Dim thisTab As Integer
    Dim ctl As Control
    If Not tfKeyed Then
        thisTab = Me.txtBarCode.TabIndex
        For Each ctl In Me.Controls
            If TypeOf ctl Is TextBox Or TypeOf ctl Is ComboBox Or TypeOf ctl Is ListBox Then
                If ctl.TabIndex = thisTab + 1 Then
                    ctl.SetFocus
                    Exit For
                End If
            End If
        Next
    End If
    tfKeyed = False
    End Sub

Private Sub txtBarcode_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer)
    tfKeyed = True
    End Sub

VBAX Mentor
    Sounds like install issue on specific machines. Intermittent issues are difficult to track down.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.