Consulting

Thread: Need Help in VBA

VBAX Newbie
    Need Help in VBA

Hi everyone!

I have the requirement of changing the font color of one range of values depending on another range of values. Below is my code. But it is not working effectively. Can anyone help me what is wrong with it?

Thanks a lot in advance

l
    row = Range("C6").End(xlToRight).Column  /This is to know the last column
    Set rng = Range("C7:" & Cells(15, lrow).Address(RowAbsolute:=False, columnabsolute:=False)) /The range starts from C7
    Set rng1 = Range("C37:" & Cells(45, lrow).Address(RowAbsolute:=False, columnabsolute:=False)) /Ends at 37th row but the column is whatever "lrow" has
    Workbooks(sheet.Range("C4").Value).Activate
    Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
    For Each Item In rng1
    If Item < 30 Then
    rng1(Item).Font.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    rng(Item).Font.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    End If
    Next Item
    The requirement is if any value < 30 in one range then this value & the other range corresponding value's font color should be changed to red.
    Hope it is clear.
    Last edited by Paul_Hossler; 01-30-2019 at 07:35 AM.

VBAX Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LalithaG View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have the requirement of changing the font color of one range of values depending on another range of values. Below is my code. But it is not working effectively. Can anyone help me what is wrong with it?

Thanks a lot in advance

lrow = Range("C6").End(xlToRight).Column /This is to know the last column
    Set rng = Range("C7:" & Cells(15, lrow).Address(RowAbsolute:=False, columnabsolute:=False)) /The range starts from C7
    Set rng1 = Range("C37:" & Cells(45, lrow).Address(RowAbsolute:=False, columnabsolute:=False)) /Ends at 37th row but the column is whatever "lrow" has
    For Each Item In rng1
    If Item < 30 Then
    End If
    Next Item

The requirement is if any value < 30 in one range then this value & the other range corresponding value's font color should be changed to red.
    Hope it is clear.
    I solved it finally with the help of senior

instead of "item", I have created a range variable "oCell" and used it in place of item. So the code will be as below :

Dim oCell as Range

lrow = Range("C6").End(xlToRight).Column /This is to know the last column
    Set rng = Range("C7:" & Cells(15, lrow).Address(RowAbsolute:=False, columnabsolute:=False)) 
    Set rng1 = Range("C37:" & Cells(45, lrow).Address(RowAbsolute:=False, columnabsolute:=False)) 

For Each oCell In rng1
    If oCell.value < 30 Then
    End If
    Next oCell
    Thank you all for looking into it
    Last edited by Paul_Hossler; 01-30-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Could you be so kind and at the top go to FAQ, How do I post a question and How do I post code samples.
    It is probably a given that you are here because you "Need Help in VBA". That does not explain your problem in a meaningful "Google" way.

VBAX Newbie

VBAX Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LalithaG View Post
    Ok. I will do that
    Thanks for posting the solution

While you're reading the FAQs ...

1. You can mark you thread as [SOLVED] by going to the [Thread Tools] pull-down above your first post and clicking [Mark Solved] (we try to keep things tidy )

2. You can put CODE tags around macros to set the code off and do some formatting to make it easier for others. Use the [#] on the post command bar to insert the tags, and then just paste the macro between them

I did that for your first posts for you so you can see how it high lights your macro
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3