Hi there!

I have come across a fairly complicated problem, so I wanted to see what kind of feedback and pointers I could get from the nice folks on this forum. The project is still in the early stages, so I have no code to present. I am more or less looking for suggestion on methodology for how to complete this task. I will provide some bullet points on what I am trying to do and with what programs. Please, feel free to suggest an alternate method if it could be more efficient or useful to me. Thank You!

Determining Availability Of Individuals

• We currently have a sharepoint site for all of the TCs within our organization.
  • Each TC has a personal calendar that can be accessed via the global addressbook
  • We want to display some sort of graphic or table on our sharepoint that updates automatically for the current week and one following.
    • Essentially let's say we have John, we would want his availability of Mon-Sun for 2 weeks with blocks color coded green/red for available/not available

What I was considering/thinking was that we would somehow look at a persons personal calender at a specific time (let's say 5am) to determine availability for the day. When people are not here, they put all day functions on their calendar for instance so if they were not available at 5am we would assume they were not here. Then we would have a sheet with a list of all the TCs and a list of two weeks would populate red/green, or Av/Not etc. Some sort of marker to show if they were available that day. This way, our project manager could save a butt load of time hunting down poeple for availability to beg them to jump on a project.

We would also need an easy wa to add/subtract TCs from the list for someone who doesn't know how to code. Prefereably as simply as grabbing someone from the global address book

We want to take it a few steps further in the future, but we are looking at this as a process improvement. Baby steps here.

I am decent with VBA but have never used it outside of excel. And I have little to no sharepoint experience, so this is a new learning endeavor for me.

Thanks for the help!