Consulting

Thread: Run macro from any PowerPoint file

VBAX Newbie
    Run macro from any PowerPoint file

Hi, I have a macro (with a userform) that work, but I cannot get this macro to be available from any PowerPoint file. I have read about saving the macro-enabled ppt file as an add-in (ppa or ppam) and it works OK in the file in which I manually added the add-in. The added add-in is not readily available in other ppt files that are opened.

I know that in Word for instance, if you put your macro in the default template (normal} that loads up whenever a Word file is opened, the same macro will be available from any file that's open. I can't get the same functionality to work for ppt files.

How can I do that, in stead of having to keep manually install the Add-in, very time I want to use it?

Thanks,

VBAX Contributor
    Hi, two ways of doing this, 1. uses ppam, 2. uses pptm:

1. Install the *.ppam

• - Click File > Options, and then click Add-Ins.
    • - In the Manage list, click PowerPoint Add-ins, and then click Go.
    • - In the Available Add-Ins list, select the check box next to the add-in that you want to add, and then click Close.

2. Keep the *.pptm open

Alternatively, open your .pptm file and simply keep it open while you work on your other files. But to get the macros go to 'VIEW > Macros tool. At the bottom of the pop-up window you may need to change the 'Macro in:' to your *.pptm file, if not already shown.