Consulting

Thread: Outlook x Excel - Canīt make it work

Outlook x Excel - Canīt make it work

Hello,

I'm trying to get the outlook running a code that get some data from a excel workbook. I entered the code bellow but it keeps stop working as soon as it gets to the "ExWbk =ExApp.Workbooks". I assume that I'm not declaring it right, but I coudnīt find anything on the matter. I really don't need to open the Plan Aux.xlsm workbook (It already is)

Thnx!!!

Sub Recebimento_Aut_TQF(mymail As Outlook.MailItem)

Dim Caminho, strSubject, Barco, NomeElaborador, RefPE, EmailElaborador, EmailCTDC, TQFTeste As String
    Dim LinhaTQF, numlin, i, LinhaElaborador, LinhaCT, LinhaDC, DataUltAtual, TQFtotal, LinTQFtotal As Double

Dim ExApp As Excel.Application
    Dim ExWbk As Workbook
    Set ExApp = New Excel.Application
    Set ExWbk = ExApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\ss7b1365\Desktop\Outlook\Plan Aux.xlsx")
    ExApp.Visible = False

Are you sure that the file exists? You can use Dir() to determine if it exists.

Since you say that it exists and open already, you need to use GetObject() rather than new instance of Excel. Excel can not open a file that that is already open.

I guess you know that each variable needs a type? Set the type for one variable at the end of the Dim line only sets that one. Others would be type Variant if not specifically set.

I would suggest also that you change the code to the following and the (visibility of the workbook to True while testing)

Dim ExApp As Object
    Dim ExWbk As Object

On Error Resume Next
        Set ExApp = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
        If Err <> 0 Then
            Set ExApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
        End If
        On Error GoTo 0

Set ExWbk = ExApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\ss7b1365\Desktop\Outlook\Plan Aux.xlsx")
        ExApp.Visible = True 'False
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

Guys, thanks a lot for the answers, it did the trick. Just one last thing that is not working. The main reason for my code is to get a specific part of the subject from a new email, compare and return some information from an excel workbook, then forward this email with some informations. The code do everything that I wrote except for the lines bellow . All the variables are loaded with content, but when I put to display the forward message, the subject,recipients and body comes blank.

One last thing that I couldn't make it work is putting CC to this forward email. When I try "mymail.Forward.CC" it shows a message saying it is not possible.

Can you guys help me out?

'************************************************************************** ************

mymail.Forward.Subject = "Resposta da " & NumeroTQF & " referente ao projeto " & NumeroPE & "."

mymail.Forward.Body = "Atenįão, existem " & TQFRest & "TQFs pedentes para o projeto " & NumeroPE

mymail.Forward.Recipients.Add (EmailElab)

'mymail.Forward.CC (EmailCT & ";" & EmailDocC)

mymail.Send

'************************************************************************** ************
    Last edited by AlexandreSRS; 02-22-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Your message gives no indication of what is being forwarded or what the various variables refer to, however looking at what you have posted, I don't see any reason to forward the message at all, as your code overwrites the message body of the message you are forwarding and you are changing the subject. If that is what is intended simply create a new message:

Dim myMail As MailItem

Set myMail = CreateItem(olMailItem)
        With myMail
            .Subject = "Resposta da " & NumeroTQF & " referente ao projeto " & NumeroPE & "."
            .Body = "Atencao, existem " & TQFRest & "TQFs pedentes para o projeto " & NumeroPE
            .To = EmailElab
            .CC = EmailCT & ";" & EmailDocC
            .Display 'This line is only for testing
            '.Send
        End With
    If you want to forward a message you need to refer to that message you are forwarding and add the response text to the start of the forwarded message e.g. as follows where olMsg is the message you are forwarding and myMail is the forwarded version of that message. oRng is the body of the message and here .Display is required even when you restore .Send.

As I have no idea what is in the variables I can only assume they are appropriate to their uses.

Dim olMsg As MailItem
    Dim myMail As MailItem
    Dim olInsp As Outlook.Inspector
    Dim wdDoc As Object
    Dim oRng As Object

Set olMsg = ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
        Set myMail = olMsg.Forward
        With myMail
            .Subject = "Resposta da " & NumeroTQF & " referente ao projeto " & NumeroPE & "."
            .To = olMsg.SenderEmailAddress & ";" & EmailElab
            .CC = EmailCT & ";" & EmailDocC
            Set olInsp = .GetInspector
            Set wdDoc = olInsp.WordEditor
            Set oRng = wdDoc.Range
            .Display 'This line is required!
            oRng.collapse 1
            oRng.Text = "Atencao, existem " & TQFRest & "TQFs pedentes para o projeto " & NumeroPE
            '.Send
        End With
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

Sorry for my late replay, guys!

Thank you very much, it worked as I needed!