I am completely new to VBA (and in fact coding altogether) but I am trying and I'm kinda getting some of it.

I am trying to create a template word document which is essentially a letter. The letter needs to be tailored to include or exclude various paragraphs depending on the scenario. I would like to be able to generate this tailoring with a UserForm. So far I have been able to do some of the simple stuff such as getting the UserForm to show on startup of the document and populating bookmarked parts of the document with content selected from a drop down box (CombBox) in the UserForm. How ever I am stuck with getting some RichText (I think this is what I need) to populate into the document by using the UserForm.

Essentially, I want to have a checkbox on the UserForm, which, when the box is checked and the Command Button (labelled Apply) is clicked, will trigger a paragraph to populate in the document. I am not sure of the code to use; I have seen examples of various types of code but often followed with the comment 'you would be better off using a UserForm' which would indicate to me that, since I am already trying to use a UserForm, this is not the code that I need. Part of the problem is that I am not sure if the pre-set paragraphs that I want to use should be saved as Quick Parts, as ContentControlRichText objects in the template itself or as something else. And then I am not sure how to insert these into the code to tell it to insert.

The only part that I think I know to do is that the code needs to go within the section: Private Sub cmdApply_Click() so as to make it happen when I click the CommandButton.

Once I know how to do it for one it should be fairly easy to repeat for multiple sections, I just need some sample code if someone can help with that.

TIA