There are days when I feel like I get coding quite well, can hold my head up, and even help others. But then there are days like today when feel like I don't know a thing. The answer probably isn't even about coding, but I've been researching this one for a while. So would be so appreciative if someone can assist.

I am working on a report with Access 2016. The report is basically a receipt. I want to print a year end receipt for all donations received in the past fiscal year. The query lists 317 records as I have not yet added the filters. The eventual goal is about 200 records, but my problem isn't the filter. My problem follows...

When I look at the report in print view, the first receipt shows fine. But the number of records at the bottom is 1, and the next record button is not enabled. So I closed print view and went to the design view, opened the record source query and viewed it as a datasheet. All 317 records showed up. I close it, go back to print preview, and still only the first record is available. The report is set to cycle through records. There are no filters set in the report, and no vba code behind the report.

My first goal is how to make it so that the print preview allows the next record to be viewed. I have seen it work this way with reports before, just not sure what I am doing wrong.

My second goal, not yet mentioned above, is based on the fact that a receipt is a half page in portrait, and I expect that when the next record is available, that I will be able to print two receipts per page, on both sides of the paper. I know that some of this is print settings, but I cannot even get close until I can see a second receipt.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Gary