I use and Excel workbook as the data source for a Visio application. The workbook has three visible worksheets and four hidden ones. The worksheets hold technical specifications and other data for server and other shapes on Visio drawings. Rows in worksheets are linked to shapes. I use automation to refresh the server shape data.

About a month ago, the Excel MAX function stopped working. I had been using the same code with the MAX function for over two years to return the max number in a column. All of a sudden, it would ignore all other rows in the column and return a zero.

For over two years, I used VBA to populate a cells based on a drop down menu selected in another cell. For instance, when the OS is selected, the default data disk type, size, and other specifications are placed in separate cells. All of a sudden, the target cells were no longer being updated. Oddly enough, if I set a break point and step through the code, the drop down populates its target cell as it always had. If I run it normal, it does not.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.