Consulting

Thread: Template Headings in Non-English Word

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Template Headings in Non-English Word

I'm here to ask non-English users of Word 2016/365 for some help, please.

When you use the English version of Word the Normal template has all the styles available in English (obvious!). Heading 1, Heading 2, etc, and so on through all the many styles within the template.

I'm trying to find out what is the name of Heading 1 in the following languages as users work with their own international version of Word.

These languages are:
    Swedish
    Finnish
    Norwegian
    Turkish
    Russian
    Hungarian
    Italian
    Polish

A great MVP expert by the name of Lene Fredburg - she's Danish - created a Word template to give to users who could then run it and it would provide all the translations of the styles as per their software.

I passed it to users in the above countries but they didn't seem inclined to run it even though the work I'm doing is for them. Oh, well...!

I'm asking, therefore, if there are any users from the above countries who are working with their own language software and can give me the translation for the equivalent of Heading 1.

I check my styles library by using Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S and can view all the list.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give.

Roderick

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    When using code, you don't need to know what the local names are for most of Word's built-in Styles, including heading Styles. See 'WdBuiltinStyle Enumeration' in the Word VBA help file. Knowing these constants for the most part means you don't need to know the local names and, when you do, you can retrieve them via .NameLocal.

See also 'WdListNumberStyle Enumeration', 'WdCaptionNumberStyle Enumeration', 'WdNoteNumberStyle Enumeration', 'WdApplyQuickStyleSets Enumeration', and 'WdStyleType Enumeration' in the Word VBA help file.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]