Consulting

Thread: Copy/paste values in column if condition is met

VBAX Newbie
    Copy/paste values in column if condition is met

Hi there - I'm brand-new to VBA (as in the last 3 days) and I've been asked to take values from a pivot table and paste the values into a column in another sheet if the column title on the other sheet matches the prior month from today's date. The intent is for someone to update the pivot table and 'lock' the values in another sheet with the click of a button.

In the example I've attached, the March data is currently populated with Vlookups from the pivot table. Can I use VBA to copy/paste just these cells based on matching the month, or is there a better way to move the pivot table values to the new spreadsheet without Vlookups? So far, all of the code examples I've found online have all been about searching through rows to find matches and then copying the entire row to a new sheet.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sample Workbook.xlsx

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Try:
    Sub blah()
    Set Rng = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").CurrentRegion
    Set Rng = Intersect(Rng, Rng.Offset(2, 1))
    With Rng.Columns([MATCH('Calc Sheet'!I2,Sheet1!B2:M2,0)])
      .FormulaR1C1 = "=GETPIVOTDATA(""Number"",'Calc Sheet'!R6C12,""Location"",RC1)"
      .Value = .Value
    End With
    End Sub
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Newbie