I'll try to explain this as logically/clearly as I can:
  • Multiple picture objects on a worksheet, multiple worksheets in a workbook
  • Each picture object has a checkbox that will either be CHECKED or NOT CHECKED
  • For every CHECKED picture object, the macro should copy the picture and paste it into an EXISTING Powerpoint presentation (2 pictures per slide, ideally)
  • The number of picture objects to be copy/pasted each time is variable

Purpose:
  • I'm a data analyst. I export data from Business Objects into Excel.
  • The pictures that I'm referring to are actually charts in BO - but upon export, they convert to pictures.
  • It is my job to get the BO data into Excel, format it "cleanly", and get it out to our sales folks.
  • They, in turn, review all of the charts(now pictures) and data tables in Excel, and indicate which ones they'd like to ultimately use in their client presentations (via Powerpoint).
  • They utilize checkboxes (added via another script that I run on each Excel file) to indicate which pictures to use.
  • Based on those selections, I then copy/paste each selection over to the PPT presentation.

Since these presentations can average around 40-50 slides, you can imagine how tedious it is to do all of the copy/pasting manually.
I plan to post this request in a few other forums, as well. I'll be sure to report back if I receive assistance outside of this forum.

I'm attaching pictures of both the pictures/data in Excel and a sample of the what the finished product should look like in PPT.

check boxes in cpat.jpg
ES sample.JPG