Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When stepping through, code doesn't stop after this "paste" command...why?

VBAX Regular
    Hello, my friend. So, I tried your suggestion. The code failed after copy/pasting to the first slide. This time, the error was at line 1224. Another curious thing I found, a thing that may be causing me problems: Look at the second picture I've included here. I have to manually switch the Powerpoint object library back to 14.0, because 16.0 is missing. Could that be an issue?

error on copy paste CPAT5.JPG
    error on copy paste CPAT6.JPG

VBAX Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by ajjava View Post
    Another curious thing I found, a thing that may be causing me problems: Look at the second picture I've included here. I have to manually switch the Powerpoint object library back to 14.0, because 16.0 is missing. Could that be an issue?
    MS Office is doing well with the change references from lower to higher version. But vice versa - he has a problem because he can not do it properly. Yes, you must manually change the reference at 14.0, or... apply late binding, as in the new proposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajjava View Post
    This time, the error was at line 1224.
    What plagues await me yet? You have received this error after the change of reference?

See if the new version will be better.

Artik
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Regular
    Well, my friend - more adventures. This time, the macro caused PowerPoint to crash entirely. I'm certain your code is efficient and accurate - it's this horrible network that I'm on here at work that's causing the issues. When I tried to run it again, I got this message:
    error on copy paste CPAT9.JPG

As long as I close out of all other applications and turn off the error handling snippets that you included, I can use your code without issue. It does exactly what I'd hoped it would, and now I'm tweaking things here and there, based on what mgmt wants. All in all, you've gone above and beyond anything I expected and I thank you for that. Your script will have a HUGE positive impact on the efficiency of my entire group.

VBAX Mentor
    I tried as best I could, but my ideas already exhausted. I give up.

Can I ask for some other set of questions?

Artik

VBAX Regular
    "...some other set of questions" as it relates to this macro? Or would you like a whole new challenge?