Consulting

Thread: Get shape position from one slide, apply it to another shape on another slide

Get shape position from one slide, apply it to another shape on another slide

Hi all,

I'm working on a PPT presentation which has been localised to multiple languages.

Each slide shows a screenshot of a web page. A shape (arrow, etc) overlaid on the screenshot attracts the user's attention on where to click or what to look out for.

The problem is, in each language the screenshot displays elements in slightly different positions (some words are longer, so a menu item is slightly to the right or lower down). Because some arrow shapes point to the same thing from one slide to the next, once I've manually adjusted the arrow's position on the first slide, I'd the arrow on the next slide to be placed in exactly the same position.

So what I'd need is two macros, one which picks up the position of a selected shape and keeps that position in in memory, and another which applies that same position to a shape selected in a different slide. So: select shape -> save position -> on another slide select shape -> apply position.

I've looked online for something similar but I can't quite find what I need. If you could help, it would save me hours of tedious manual work.

Thank you in advance,

-Isa

VBAX Master
    I wouldn't reinvent the wheel. Steve Rindsberg has a free tool to do this

Thor The Hammer

It's free BTW
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Wilson View Post
    I wouldn't reinvent the wheel. Steve Rindsberg has a free tool to do this

Thor The Hammer

It's free BTW
    That's exactly what I needed, thank you John. I see Steve has a number of other interesting tools too.

-Isa