Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar

attachments

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-22_113507.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	24263
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Huh ???

Reminder: It's a testing area.

To fill you in more fully, I was trying to insert a picture from my pc into a PM but couldn't upload one in the same way as in a normal thread message, but I am allowed to link to an image.
    My workaround was to attach a file to a normal message in a thread (this thread) and put a link to the image in the PM. That way the pic isn't dependent upon an external site.
    I expect I can delete these posts here withoout losing the uploaded image, which I'll test later.
    Some forums have an area where a user can upload files to but I couldn't find one here (Manage Attachments, sure but I can't reach that while composing a PM and I haven't found how to gain access other than when composing a message).
    There is a page where user can see all their attachments: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/prof...ditattachments
    (it's where I was able to get the url of the image from) but I don't see a way of adding attachments there (despite the end of its url).
    Last edited by p45cal; 05-22-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by p45cal View Post
    Some forums have an area where a user can upload files to but I couldn't find one here
    I've since found Albums on this forum, which would have been more straightforward.

Ok. Thanks.

VBAX Mentor
    p45cal , simply paste the image in the edit field PM.

Artik

Artik, I thought I'd sent you a PM with a couple of pics in but it's not showing up in my Sent folder. Anyway, trying a bit of pasting here:

and again:

I'm just getting image place holders, and when I right-click and choose View Image I get a 'URI too long' page:
    "Request-URI Too Long
    The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.
    Additionally, a 414 Request-URI Too Long error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

VBAX Mentor
    It seems that you're right. We can not add your own attachments in PM. They must be on the forum server.

Artik