Greetings..

I have a form which populates through a ComboBox, except that the ComboBox is located on a different form and is closed during operation of the form. I have a cycle button so the user can click to get the next person in the list. I have used this kind of operation successfully in other situations. I have seen other codes for it on this forum as well. The idea goes like this...

If Combo76.ListIndex <> Combo76.ListCount - 1 Then
Combo76.ListIndex = Combo76.ListIndex + 1

Of course you have to watch for the possibilities of reaching the end of the list box.

But in my situation, my .ListIndex is calculating to -1 in the middle of the list. I am not sure why. But it may have to do with a clumsy workaround I used (and would rather not) since the combobox is not on the form. So I want to use a saved query instead of a combobox. So the simple question is this? Do saved queries have a similar internal listindex? What is the quick way to identify my current record in that query so that I can populate my form with the next or previous record?

I can build a code and search this way: (only using a couple lines to provide idea)
Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM MyCurrentList;")
Do Until rst.EOF
If rst.ID = myID Then...

But is there a quicker way?

Thanks
GaryJ