Consulting

Thread: Split text in different cells after each Dash

Split text in different cells after each Dash

Care to elaborate a little more than just as you have done?

For example have you tried to use the convert text to columns feature that Excel currently provides?

Were you chasing a function to do this?

Perhaps a formula?

Shall we keep guessing since you provided no real information other than a workbook ( which by the way, do you realise that most people would be reluctant to download and open from a complete stranger).
    Remember To Do the Following....
    Use [Code].... [/Code] tags when posting code to the thread.
    Mark your thread as Solved if satisfied by using the Thread Tools options.
    If posting the same issue to another forum please show the link

Dear Sir,

I know Text to column option in excel but i want formula for this.when I paste data (Report Name) or overwrite in column C then all text spilt in each column.I solved this issue in above sheet as per my try,pls see.

Regards
    Amar

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

It seems you were missing the point that I was trying to make, so may I take this opportunity to refresh your attention to this matter.

when one posts a thread to the forum, we naturally are expecting to see a thread title and then followed by a description of the issue. The description normally includes what you are trying to achieve, what you may have done so far and an example of your workbook.

In post #1 you placed a title and a workbook but no description, then in post #3 a workbook but no description. Can you see that so far, no one would want to assist you given that we currently have no information as to what you are trying to achieve.

In post #4 you finally give us an insight on the situation, then indicate that you have solved the issue. Thats good, but for those reading this thread you haven't actually indicated how you solved the issue.

iFinally, we see ( in post #5)that you have posted this issue elsewhere, but failed to notify the forum here that you have done so. All right maybe you did so because you failed to get assistance here, but can you understand why you didn't receive assistance?

I remain very confident that we have many members here who would have been willing to assist you if only you had been a little more helpful in the first instance.

Dear p45cal Sir

I got answer now what I expected result with help of VBA.

Thanks very much Sir

Regards
    Amar

And

Dear Aussiebear Sir,

I am extremely sorry for posting wrong way on forum. But next time I will take care before posting on excel forum(Proper title and description of the issue will mention.)

Regards
    Amar