Consulting

Thread: How to use an Array instead of a Loop to clear contents of blank cells? - Speed Issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Newbie
    How to use an Array instead of a Loop to clear contents of blank cells? - Speed Issue

Hello all,

At first of all, thanks for spending some of your time to help me. I'm trying my best to figure out this amazing world of VBA

I have a big spreadsheet (Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus) where I use a macro to populate the cells in columns "AL:AT" with formulas and then "Copy + Paste Values" at the end to replace the formulas for the values to make the file a little bit lighter to work with.
    I'm trying to include a line of code where it finds the "blank cells" and clear their contents. After some research I ended up with this:
    Sub BlankCells1()

'Works fine for a small ammount of rows

Debug.Print "Sub: BlankCells1()"
    Dim StartTime As Double
    Dim ElapsedTime As String
    Dim count As Integer

StartTime = Timer
    count = 0

X = Sheet4.Range("A" & Rows.count).End(xlUp).Row

'    For Each c In Sheet4.Range("AL3:AT" & X)    '<- Original Range
        For Each c In Sheet4.Range("AL3:AT13")       '<- Limited Range for tests
        If c.Value = "" Then
        count = count + 1
                Debug.Print count, Format((Timer - StartTime) / 86400, "hh:mm:ss"), c.Address

c.ClearContents

End If
        Next

ElapsedTime = Format((Timer - StartTime) / 86400, "hh:mm:ss")
        Debug.Print "Time to complete: " & ElapsedTime

End Sub
    The problem is that the original file will have more than 67k rows and this code will take forever to perform this task.

I've read this entire article (https://excelmacromastery.com/excel-vba-array/) but I still not knowing how to create an array to perform this task

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files