Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Challenging Problem - Group Two Fields and Concatenate

VBAX Guru
    Did you look at the database that I posted with the original data, do you also think it looks better?
    It is now too large to post on here, but takes just a few seconds to run.
    Do you have an email address that you private mail to me where I can send it?

Hey!

I just had the chance to load a years worth of data into your latest DB, and it works beautifully. So far, it seems to mimic the assignee field from the front-end reports perfectly, and fast!

Thank you so much for all of the help!

Sincerely,
    Kristopher

Out of curiosity, is it possible that this could be ran as a query with the associated VBA readjusted to being a UDF, rather than generating a table? The results of this are intended to be utilized in further report queries, so having up to date data available on demand would be preferred, though that may not be possible?

Sincerely,
    Kris

VBAX Guru

VBAX Guru
    Sorry, I can't see any way to use my code that would be any improvement on the code that you had before.
    My code could be made slightly faster by using a query for the data rather than the table and setting the Unassigned in the query rather than the code using an IIF() function in the query.
    I am not sure why you do not want the append to table version, surely you are not allowing Users to run queries or open Reports manually are you?
    If you have a form with command buttons for running the query then it just runs this code first and you have a query based on the Report Output table joined to your Query supplies the report. It would be transparent to the user and still much faster than what you curently have.

ps can you provide a copy of the query that you use?
    Last edited by OBP; 06-19-2019 at 05:49 AM.