Consulting

Thread: Export data from excel to separate file

Export data from excel to separate file

Hi,

I need to make/edit the a file that creates test forms for my company.
    An old colleague made the file that is attached.

This file exports to different forms as .xlsx. This need to be .PDF.
    Even better would be if we could make two word form templates for easy editing of the template.
    When we need to export that excel populates the template and save it as .PDF.

I'm not very experienced in VBA or so. So could really use some help here.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I am not sure if I fully understand this. I get the bit about changing the output from xlsx to pdf, , but I don't really get what you are saying about 'two word templates'. Do you mean as in the app Word, or are you just referring to the PT and FAT tabs in the workbook? If you mean the former, I don't get it. If you mean the latter, is that not the same as just changing the output from xlsx to pdf.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

I mean that i think its easier to make 2 word forms (PT and FAT) export data from excel to that form and save it as pdf

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    If you copy an Excel range and paste it into a Word document (or a Word template) using Paste Special with the 'paste link' option (plus your preferred paste format), any changes to the workbook will be reflected in the document, which you can then save as a PDF. No code required.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]