Hi all,

Please be gentle with me as I haven't coded since DOS 6.2, and VBA is a bit of a dark art...

In another thread, a gentleman called Paul, posting as Macropod, put this fantastic piece of code up:

Sub AddPics() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim i As Long, j As Long, c As Long, r As Long, NumCols As Long Dim oTbl As Table, TblWdth As Single, StrTxt As String, RwHght As Single On Error GoTo ErrExit NumCols = CLng(InputBox("How Many Columns per Row?")) RwHght = CSng(InputBox("What row height for the pictures, in inches (e.g. 1.5)?")) On Error GoTo 0 'Select and insert the Pics With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFilePicker) .Title = "Select image files and click OK" .Filters.Add "Images", "*.gif; *.jpg; *.jpeg; *.bmp; *.tif; *.png" .FilterIndex = 2 If .Show = -1 Then 'Add a 2-row by NumCols-column table to take the images Set oTbl = Selection.Tables.Add(Range:=Selection.Range, NumRows:=2, NumColumns:=NumCols) With ActiveDocument.PageSetup TblWdth = .PageWidth - .LeftMargin - .RightMargin - .Gutter End With With oTbl .AutoFitBehavior (wdAutoFitFixed) .Columns.Width = TblWdth / NumCols End With CaptionLabels.Add Name:="Picture" For i = 1 To .SelectedItems.Count Step NumCols r = ((i - 1) / NumCols + 1) * 2 - 1 'Format the rows Call FormatRows(oTbl, r, RwHght) For c = 1 To NumCols j = j + 1 'Insert the Picture ActiveDocument.InlineShapes.AddPicture _ FileName:=.SelectedItems(j), LinkToFile:=False, _ SaveWithDocument:=True, Range:=oTbl.Cell(r, c).Range 'Get the Image name for the Caption StrTxt = Split(.SelectedItems(j), "\")(UBound(Split(.SelectedItems(j), "\"))) StrTxt = ": " & Split(StrTxt, ".")(0) 'Insert the Caption on the row below the picture With oTbl.Cell(r + 1, c).Range .InsertBefore vbCr .Characters.First.InsertCaption _ Label:="Picture", Title:=StrTxt, _ Position:=wdCaptionPositionBelow, ExcludeLabel:=False .Characters.First = vbNullString .Characters.Last.Previous = vbNullString End With 'Exit when we're done If j = .SelectedItems.Count Then Exit For Next 'Add extra rows as needed If j < .SelectedItems.Count Then oTbl.Rows.Add oTbl.Rows.Add End If Next Else End If End With ErrExit: Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub ' Sub FormatRows(oTbl As Table, x As Long, Hght As Single) With oTbl With .Rows(x) .Height = InchesToPoints(Hght) .HeightRule = wdRowHeightExactly .Range.Style = "Normal" End With With .Rows(x + 1) .Height = CentimetersToPoints(0.5) .HeightRule = wdRowHeightExactly .Range.Style = "Caption" End With End With End Sub
I am trying to amend this for my own purposes with less than stellar success, so am looking for guidance as, to be honest, I don't really understand what I'm doing yet.

I need:-
  • 3 columns
  • About 10pt padding all round the image
  • No caption row
  • 1pt black border around each cell
  • Images centred horizontally and vertically in each cell

Page is A4 portrait with standard margins.

Any advice you can give would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon