Consulting

Thread: Page numbers disappearing when splitting a mail merged document

VBAX Newbie
    Page numbers disappearing when splitting a mail merged document

I have used a mail merge to create one large word document which I then split up using VB code into several documents, one for each client.

I am using a one page word template with my company logo on the first page which I call through VB using

mydoctemp = "Logo Template.dot"

The template has settings as Layout - Different first page.

When I run the code to split the large document it loses all page numbers from page 2 onwards, I want page numbers on each page of each individual document. Can anyone help?

Microsoft Word MVP 2003-2009 VBAX Guru gmaxey's Avatar
    Is there a page number field applied to the PrimaryPage and EvenPage header or footer in your template?
    Greg

Visit my website: http://gregmaxey.com

VBAX Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by HannahA View Post
    I am using a one page word template with my company logo on the first page which I call through VB using mydoctemp = "Logo Template.dot"
    Does each client get copy of the first page?

i.e.

Logo page
    Client 1
    Logo page
    Client 2
    Logo page
    Client 3

etc.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    I have used a mail merge to create one large word document which I then split up using VB code into several documents, one for each client.
    Instead of taking that approach, use VBA to generate a new document for each record as the merge is done. See Send Mailmerge Output to Individual Files in the Mailmerge Tips and Tricks thread at: http://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-m...ps-tricks.html
    I am using a one page word template with my company logo on the first page which I call through VB using

mydoctemp = "Logo Template.dot"
    That's not the correct way to do a mailmerge. Mailmerges should be run from a mailmerge main document, not from a template.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]