Consulting

Thread: Auto/Prefill Macro wont run on 'show' or 'initialize' of userform text-boxes.

VBAX Newbie
    Auto/Prefill Macro wont run on 'show' or 'initialize' of userform text-boxes.

Hi there,

I have a userform with several text-boxes. These text-boxes are linked to custom property fields that I have set up in a word doc. I have an action button with working code to allow these text-boxes to fill with the values sitting in the custom fields. I want to have this sub run automatically when the userform opens.
    If I can get the textboxes to prefill on userform opening, I would then make the mentioned action button an update/refresh button.

userform1.jpg

This is what I think should work for running auto filling the text-boxes on start up. 'DocumentPropertyFieldValues' is the name of the userform.

Public Sub showDialogueBox_Click()

DocumentPropertyFieldValues.Show

DisciplineInput.Text = ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties("DisciplineField").Value

'Code repeats for the other fields until
    End Sub

This is the code for running it with an action button on the usedform which works.

Private Sub PrefillDetails_Click()
    DisciplineInput.Text = ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties("DisciplineField").Value

'other fields and then
    end sub
    Attached Images Attached Images

VBAX Newbie
    Solved. New macro to call up form, and include name of the userform in each relevant line of the code. duh. haha