Consulting

Thread: VBA Projects Remain Open

VBAX Regular
    VBA Projects Remain Open

Hi all,

Recently I have found that when I close a workbook the project remains open in VBA. Several instances can remain open. When I close Excel, I get a password prompt for any password protected AddIn. The only way to remove the projects is to shut down Excel and restart.

I found this to be a problem with Google's Desktop Search, but I don't have that installed (it's never been installed, in fact). I do have the Google IE Search Bar and I uninstalled this to be sure, but it has not solved the problem. Plus, I have had this installed for a long time.

This occurs with any workbook that I open. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

VBAX Regular
    I found the solution to this problem; in my instance at least.

I noticed this behaviour happening on some other machines in the office today and continued to research the problem. As a common denominator, we all have Act!2006 installed. I checked the remaining machines that did not have Act! installed and found that I could not recreate the problem. After I uninstalled Act!, I have had no further problems. All workbooks close and do not remain in the VBE Project Explorer and I do not get the password prompt.

I hope this helps.