Consulting

Thread: Password protected macros

VBAX Newbie
    Question Password protected macros

I have a template that is used at work but the guy who was responsible for updating it occasionally quit. He apparently password protected the macros and now we can't update/edit them. When i go to Developer/Macros/Select Macro/Edit a password popup appears. Is there any way to retrieve the password or disable it?

VBAX Sage
    Discussions or requests to break passwords are not permitted in the forum

Please do NOT do it again

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq.php?faq=psting_faq_item#faq_hack_faq_item

Can I ask hacking / cracking questions here?

Requests for help or answers aiding in the pirating of intellectual property or involving hacking/cracking of password protection of document files or software programs is strictly prohibited on the site. We are all professionals here and, as a community, it is our decision to respect the intellectual and potentially confidential property of others.

Please do not ask anyone to help with lost CD keys; you must contact the software supplier for this information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3