I'm back again with some more questions on my custom letter templates project.

Background:
I have created some letter templates which use a Userform to populate a letter with the relevant paragraphs. The paragraphs are building building blocks inserted into content controls. The building blocks were originally in my Normal.dotm file. It all worked beautifully!

However, the point was to allow for all of my colleagues to use these templates (via their instance of Word rather than opening up the templates). In our office the majority of people work on a remote desktop (using thin clients); I am one of a few who use an actual laptop and work on my desktop rather than on the remote desktop application. We have a 3rd party IT support service who have helped to place the templates and building blocks template onto each persons User profile so that they can be accessed by their instance of Word. This has been done by holding the files in a central location on the remote server and then running script to deploy a these files into each users profile (in the right places for Word to access them I think).

The problem that I am having is this:
If I leave the building blocks in the Normal.dotm file, then when this is deployed to each user then it seems to replace their Normal.dotm file and then when they try to create a completely blank new word document it actually contains all of the building blocks. We obviously don't want this to happen, so we renamed the building blocks file to BuildingBlocks.dotm.

I have obviously updated my VBA code in the letter templates for the new file name & path, but it still seems to be having problems accessing the file. My IT support tell me that this is because the BuildingBlocks.dotm file is not launching in the same way that a Normal.dotm file would therefore the VBA can't get access to it. I know that the Normal.dotm file is a special kind of file but I don't know how to make my BuildingBlocks.dotm file have the same characteristics. I have seen that people do use files other than their Normal.dotm to house their building blocks so can you tell me what I am doing wrong that is causing the file not to launch?

Thanks
SJ