Consulting

Thread: WorkFlow generation

Lightbulb WorkFlow generation

Hello,

I would like to create a small worflow under Powerpoint

This Workflow is composed of multiple rectangle with specific colour (predetermined or not : through user interaction).

According to the choice of the user, the number of rectangle is automacally generated.

Since it is supposed to look like a WorkFlow each rectangle is linked with the previous one with an arrow if possible.

What could be the code of such a macro ?

Thanks in advance for the help !!

VBAX Contributor
    I think it would require several macros, one for each extension of a rectangle, and to get shapes linking or changing width would be complicated.

I would suggest you use INSERT > SMART ART > PROCESS (the first one looks ideal)

But before typing text, select the Smart Art (click the edge as all appear grouped) and change the font size - otherwise text auto-sizes which is annoying.

Btw you type text by clicking the tiny arrow box on the left (in the middle) so a text panel appears - tab creates the next rectangle with an arrow.

You can also right click on the edge again to Convert to Shapes if you don't like using Smart Art.

I hope that this helps

Thank you RayKay !!

I've just come back after my vacation

No need of macro anymore !! I didn't know that I could automatically generate new boxes as you explained by clycking on tiny arrow and then press on the Enter key in the text Panel, after having added next text in front of the bullets each time I need a new rectangle !!

Houraaah !!

VBAX Sage

If you drag the boxes around, the arrows adjust, and you can format individual boxes

Hitting <tab> inside the text box will create sub-bullets

Each SA is a little different, but these are pretty common conventions

Capture.JPG
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3