Consulting

Thread: Export list of markup as pdf

VBAX Newbie
    Export list of markup as pdf

Dear friends and vba fans,

At work, we often compare two documents and print the result of the comparison as a "list of markup" via a pdf printer. Please find below screen:

print-list-of-markup.jpg

In VBA world it means calling Document.PrintOut method with arguments Range:=0/wdPrintAllDocument and Item:=2/wdPrintComments.

I would like to write this process in VBA. Comparing is not a problem, but I can't move further in getting the required PDF file with list of markup from the comparison result.

I assume that the path with using .PrintOut will not be appropriate, because it assumes that the user has installed some PDF printer (and probably has it as the default printer) + saving the printed file through such printer goes beyond the VBA framework for Word. Therefore I think the solution must go through that the view of document is changed to list of markup and then such view is exported as a pdf via the Document.ExportAsFixedFormat method or similar.

Have you encountered such situation and would you kindly propose me some schema of solution? It does not have to be complete code, I am medium oriented in VBA. Thank you.

Mark
    Last edited by 7ohm7; 08-02-2019 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Adding picture