Consulting

Thread: Page Orientation

VBAX Newbie
    Page Orientation

Hello, I'm working with a document with most of the pages having portrait orientation but some have landscape. This document has many tables and I want to make all the tables the same size and position (this I know how to do). There are special tables on the landscape pages that I want to leave alone. Is there a way for me to see the orientation of a single page? It seems ActiveDocument.PageSetup.Orientation is meant to check the orientation of the whole document. Ideally I want to iterate through all the tables and use an if statement to skip the ones that are found on landscape pages. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

ActiveDocument.PageSetup.Orientation refers to the document. If you want to refer to a page then set a range to the page and check the pagesetup of that range or put the cursor in the page and then Selection.PageSetup.Orientation will return 0 for Portrait or 1 for Landscape. To iterate through the tables and process only those on a landscape page

Dim oTable As Table    
        For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
            If oTable.Range.PageSetup.Orientation = wdOrientLandscape Then
                oTable.Cell(1, 1).Range.Text = "Landscape page" 'do something with oTable
            End If
        Next oTable
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

VBAX Newbie
    Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. Although, I'm getting a 4605 error "command not available" associated with oTable.Range.PageSetup.Orientation. Not sure why, It partially worked before giving me that error.

The code as posted works in all Word versions from 2003 to the present.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

VBAX Newbie
    So I ran the code on a better document and it fixed 13 tables before returning a run-time error 4605. I look at the table that didn't get changed and it happens to break over multiple pages. I can see this being a problem, any ideas on how to fix this?

VBAX Newbie
    Okay I am truly confused now. I got another document and I tried to run the macro and it immediately gave me the 4605 error. Changing nothing, I tried again to run it and this time it went and changed 86 tables BUT they were slightly off from fixed, ex. 6.88 inches instead of 7 inches. I ran it a third time and still got an error 4605 on the 86th table but this time all 86 tables were 7 inches and aligned left with no text wrapping, which is the format I want.