Hi I'm new to this forum and decided to register as I was stuck in this certain problem I'm having and decided that I needed your help guys!

Ok, so I needed to create a shape that changes its text before running its animation. So far this is what I have done:
I create a shape with some text inside it, and created an action button that will trigger both the change of text and animation of the shape.
Then I went to animation panel, gave the shape its animation and set the action button as the trigger.
Next I gave the action button a hyperlink which leads to some VBA code, let's call it Sub test()

Now first I wanted to try if 2 triggers(animation & vba code) from the action button will work.
So I created this sub.

Sub test()
    MsgBox Round(321 / 20) + 4
End Sub

So far it was all well and good. It first executed the msgbox, then ran the animation smoothly.

Next I changed the msgbox into the real code

Sub test()
    Set objTextBox = ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes(1)
    objTextBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "just some random text here"
End Sub
Now when the button is clicked, the text inside the shape did change so that was nice, but the animation wouldn't start. All I got was the mouse cursor changed into a loading cursor and nothing happens.

I've read somewhere that if a shape is selected, it's animation won't start. Which is something that I don't really understand completely. So I tried something like this,
I created another action button that does the animation trigger. So now we have to action buttons, the first one is for the VBA trigger, second one is for the animation trigger.
And it works out! I clicked the first AB, the text inside the shape changed, then I clicked the second AB and the animation ran through. But this is not really a solution as I don't want to have two buttons obviously.

Is there anyway to make this work with only one action button to trigger both VBA code and animation? Thanks guys, appreciate any help!