Hi John

The way our template works, it uses the Footer filed in PowerPoint with a classification inserted. This stops the date being added using the Header & Footer tool.

I got as far as a text box going onto the slide, but I can't get the date to appear in the next text box.
I don't want the date to update, just to show today's date when the macro is used.

Can you help? Thanks. Have a wonderful long weekend.

HTML Code:
Sub AddDate()
Dim StickerText As StringDim Sld As Slide
StickerText = "ppDateTimeHmm"
Dim shp As Shape
For Each Sld In ActiveWindow.Selection.SlideRange
    Set shp = Sld.Shapes.AddShape(Type:=msoShapeRectangle, _        Left:=26 * 28.3464567, Top:=0 * 28.3464567, Width:=80, Height:=26.6)
        shp.Name = "Dated"        shp.Line.visible = msoFalse        shp.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 255, 255)        shp.TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Color.RGB = RGB(0, 0, 0)        shp.TextFrame.TextRange.Characters.Text = StickerText        shp.TextFrame.TextRange.Paragraphs.ParagraphFormat.Alignment = ppAlignCenter        shp.TextFrame.TextRange.Paragraphs.ParagraphFormat.SpaceBefore = 0        shp.TextFrame.TextRange.Paragraphs.ParagraphFormat.SpaceAfter = 0        shp.TextFrame2.VerticalAnchor = msoAnchorMiddle        shp.TextFrame2.TextRange.Font.Size = 10        shp.TextFrame2.TextRange.Font.Name = "Arial"        shp.Rotation = 0
Next Sld
End Sub