Hello all,

I am looking for some assistance in a matter, not sure if best to do it in Excel or Word VBA; so I'll start with Word VBA.

I have an application that generates Word documents – each generated Word document contains named tables (TableA, TableB, ...). I’d like to copy all tables from these generated Word documents to existing documents IN predefined bookmark locations (named BookmarkA, BookmarkB, ...), i.e. TableA in BookmarkA, TableB in BookamrkB, etc.

For each generated Word document there is one existing Word document. So I’d like to copy all tables from the generated document X to the existing document X, all tables from the generated document Y to the existing document Y, all tables from the generated document Z to the existing document Z, etc…

Number of generated Word documents contain 4 tables (either TableA, TableB, TableC, TableE or TableA, TableB, TableD, TableE) and their corresponding existing documents contain 4 bookmarks (either BookmarkA, BookmarkB, BookmarkC, BookmarkE or BookmarkA, BookmarkB, BookmarkD, BookmarkE).
Most of generated Word documents contain 5 tables (TableA, TableB, TableC, TableD, TableE) and their corresponding target documents contain 5 bookmarks (BookmarkA, BookmarkB, BookmarkC, BookmarkD, BookmarkE).

Now as this is going to be somewhat repetitive task the content of the bookmarks in the existing documents need to be cleared first before copying the tables from the generated documents.
The generated (table source) documents are located in a different folder than the existing (target) documents. The corresponding source and target documents can be matched by the first 6 characters of a filename. I was wondering whether a list of matching source documents (column A) and target documents (column B) in an Excel would make thing easier.

I am new to VBA. I have searched for a similar problem to get me started but haven’t found any.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Pearce