Consulting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Congrats, Zack!

Moderator VBAX Master geekgirlau's Avatar
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy - congratulations

Please marked your thread "Solved" using the "Thread Tool" above when you manage to find a solution.
    - Leonard

Administrator
    VP-Knowledge Base
    VBAX Master
    WOW, this was great. MANY CONGRATS ZACK, you for sure well deserved it!!!

BTW, how many MVPs do we have in VBA Express already? Arent us the place where there are the largest number of MVPs after Microsoft site??? I think a statistic would be great.
    Best Regards,

Carlos Paleo.

To every problem there is a solution, even if I dont know it, so this posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

If Debugging is harder than writing a program and your code is as good as you can possibly make
    it, then by definition you're not smart enough to debug it.

http://www.mugrs.org

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    I think there was one faster - Frank Kabel (Lord rest his soul).
    6 months!

It was the anniversary of Frank's departure last Thursday - a big loss.

6 months!
    Wow! That IS fast! Zack, what took you so long?

Carlos,

We have two MVP's "on staff" so to speak. Zack and yourself. After that, I know of 8 others who visit the site (7 Excel, 1 Word), some frequently, some not. I think that there's more MVP members at MrExcel though, to be honest.
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru

I think VBAX and MrE are pretty close on who visits, as per MS MVP's. I think we may have a couple more who frequent actually.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Expert brettdj's Avatar
    6 months!

It was the anniversary of Frank's departure last Thursday - a big loss.
    Yes.

As I'd spent most of my VBA time at EE or here I hadn't seen very much of Frank's work until after his untimely death. At that point I became more aware of his contributions to the Excel community

His work was certainly impressive and from the various testamonials it sounds like he was a helluva guy as well

As I'd spent most of my VBA time at EE or here I hadn't seen very much of Frank's work until after his untimely death. At that point I became more aware of his contributions to the Excel community

His work was certainly impressive and from the various testamonials it sounds like he was a helluva guy as well
    He certainly was, a phenomenal guy.

I collaborated with Frank on a number of projects, and I really found it difficult to keep up with him. His ability to turn-around work, and the speed at which he picked things up are something that I have never encountered before.

As well as the work he was doing with me, he also collaborated with Ron de Bruin on his Google and EasyFilter add-ins, with Norman Harker on a book, articles to Dicks-Blog, etc.etc.

He is still the 4th most prolific poster to the Excel public newsgroups, even though he was around for just one year, whilst most of the other major posters have been at it for 8 years or so, and he was also active on the German public groups.

I liked him a lot, and we were due to meet in London last February, but it was never to be. I remember him telling me that he was taking leave to visit friends around the country, and I remember thinking what kind of fool takes a holiday in January, travelling around Germany! Whenever I think of him, as I have a lot recently for obvious reasons, I have a glass of Macallan, Frank's favourite.

We have two MVP's "on staff" so to speak. Zack and yourself. After that, I know of 8 others who visit the site (7 Excel, 1 Word), some frequently, some not. I think that there's more MVP members at MrExcel though, to be honest.
    Ken,

Only 8? I believe the likes of Andy Pope, Jon Peltier, Peo, Ken Wright, etc. visit here so I would have though more than 8n is a possibility. I would be interested in knowing who the Word one is.

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    The Word MVP is Greg Maxey. Although I thought we had another one at one time. I also thought there was a PPT MVP browsing around here at one point as well..

Administrator
    Ken,

Only 8? I believe the likes of Andy Pope, Jon Peltier, Peo, Ken Wright, etc. visit here so I would have though more than 8n is a possibility. I would be interested in knowing who the Word one is.
    OK, Andy Pope, Jon Peltier, Peo, Ken Wright... now add Colo, Greg Maxey, Zack, and Carlos. That makes eight that I know of, but I'm sure I've seen some others from time to time...
    You know you're really in trouble when the light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be the headlight of a train hurtling towards you

The major part of getting the right answer lies in asking the right question...

Made your code more readable, use VBA tags (this automatically inserts [vba] at the start of your code, and [/vba ] at the end of your code) | Help those helping you by marking your thread solved when it is.

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Juan Pablo Gonzalez comes in occasionally, as well as Bill Jelen.

Okay, so now to expose my ignorance... who is Peo?
    Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
    I hate it when my computer does what I tell it to, and not what I want it to.

Learn how to use our KB tags! -||- Ken's Excel Website -||- Ken's Excel Forums -||- My Blog -||- Excel Training Calendar

This is a shameless plug for my new book "RibbonX - Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon". Find out more about it here!

Help keep VBAX clean! Use the 'Thread Tools' menu to mark your own threads solved!

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Peo Sjoblum, I believe. He is actually living in Oregon as well.

I wasn't aware that he had visited the site though.

Well deserved.

Smitty

Administrator
    2nd VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Master malik641's Avatar
    I feel that this will be the latest congrats served in VBAX history, but I must give credit where credit is due. I'm truly sorry I missed this post. I had no clue this was going on because I was in the midst of moving from Jersey to Florida.

So congradulations Zack!! Hopefully the smileys will makeup for it:

and my personal favorite,

Again, Great job Zack.

New to the forum? Check out our Introductions section to get to know some of the members here. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself as well.

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Thanks very much Joseph! That really means a lot to me.

I'm actually coming under review here shortly to see if I get it again (err, more like see if they're dumb enough to give it to me again, hehe). Who knows, maybe we'll see some more people from this board get recognized.

Administrator
    2nd VP-Knowledge Base VBAX Master malik641's Avatar
    Thanks very much Joseph! That really means a lot to me.

I'm actually coming under review here shortly to see if I get it again (err, more like see if they're dumb enough to give it to me again, hehe). Who knows, maybe we'll see some more people from this board get recognized.
    That'd be funny if they missed that and picked you again.

I wouldn't doubt people from this board would be recognized. This truly is the best site for VBA (by best, I mean in total....coders, MVP's, friendliness, etc).

New to the forum? Check out our Introductions section to get to know some of the members here. Feel free to tell us a little about yourself as well.