Consulting

Thread: Disable Menu Bar ("HOME" AND "DATA") Menu in EXCEL 2007

Post Disable Menu Bar ("HOME" AND "DATA") Menu in EXCEL 2007

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007.
    I want to disable "HOME" and "DATA" Menu bar I Microsoft Excel 2007 using VBA.
    I'm using below code but not work.

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
    Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Data").Enabled = False
    End Sub
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 04-17-2023 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added code tags to supplied code

VBAX Mentor
    You should hide the ribbon tabs in the XML.
    Open your file in Custom UI Editor for Microsoft Office, select Insert / Office 2007 Custom UI Part from the menu, paste the code in the window on the right:
    <customUI  xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui" >
        <ribbon >
            <tabs >
                <tab 
                    idMso="TabHome"
                    visible="false"/>
                <tab 
                    idMso="TabData"
                    visible="false"/>
            </tabs >
        </ribbon >
    </customUI >
    Artik

VBAX Sage
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Hossler View Post
    Thanks for that Paul, I didn't know anyone had released an improved version of the CustomUI. That tool has been frustrating me for years, it will be good if this one improves on it.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Sage
    Thanks for that Paul, I didn't know anyone had released an improved version of the CustomUI. That tool has been frustrating me for years, it will be good if this one improves on it.

Yes, the old one was VERY frustrating and took a lot of effort and extra care to use

This one is very nice and appears (on the surface UI) to be similar to the old one. Internally, it's a vast improvement

Capture.JPG

Fernando Andreu is actively maintaining and enhancing it. Seems like a very nice person who's proud of his work (as he should be)

I offered a few minor suggestions which were considered and some are being implemented

Try it -- you'll like it
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Unhappy Disable or Lock "HOME" or "DATA" Menus

With using this code, Menu bar have hide.
    but i don't want to hide, I want Disable or Lock "HOME" or "DATA" Menus with all ribbon button/Command using VBA Programming or VBA Code.

When I am using below codes in Excel 2003 version, then it properly workbut not work in Excel-2007 version why?

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
        Application.CommandBars("Worksheet menu bar").Enabled = False
        Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("File").Enabled = False
        Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Edit").Enabled = False
        Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("VIEW").Enabled = False
        Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("INSERT").Enabled = False
        Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Format").Enabled = False
    End Sub
    Same like that, what are the VBA Programmig/Code to use in Excel-2007 version by which we Disable/Lock the Menu Bar in Excel-2007 version.
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 04-17-2023 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added code tags to supplied code

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Hossler View Post
    Try it -- you'll like it
    It doesn't do that weird scrolling after change to the XML, it has line numbers, it has find and replace. I'm sold already. Unless I find some big problem, I'm not going back.
    Last edited by Bob Phillips; 11-08-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

VBAX Mentor
    neeraj.singh, since the 2007 version, in addition to changing the appearance, the philosophy of menu controls has changed. Because the issue is very extensive, I suggest you start the journey with this article:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN

Artik

Using the same method as suggested above, can anyone please help by telling me what is the id, idMso of the "Power Pivot" tab?

I am trying to make the "Power Pivot" menu item invisible, but can't find the ID

This works for hiding the Data tab:
    idMso="TabData", visible="false

This doesn't work for hiding the Power Pivot tab:
    idMso="TabPower Pivot", visible="false

Thanks!

VBAX Mentor
    I guess you didn't notice that the admin separated your post into a separate thread. Please continue the discussion in the new thread.

Artik

I didn't notice. Thanks Artik!