Refreshing a persistent issue. I am using the below formula to split each excel tab into it's own workbook, and that works great. The issue is I utilize Month, YTD and Full Year tabs for each recipients distribution; in my case they are broken out by name, so for example it would read "John Smith", "John Smith (2)" and "John Smith (3)" less the quotations for MTD, YTD and Full Year respectively. What I would like to do is combine each person's 3 worksheets onto one workbook. It appears there are two methods to do this:
1) Use a certain number of characters for it then all like names will be converted to one workbook (i.e. 8 characters would be "John Smi" which would capture all 3 but may fail with two people named Gregory).
2) Using a code that excludes numbers and special characters (i.e. John Smith (3) = John Smith) - here i'm also unsure if the space after the name would cause an issue. This option is more ideal for dealing with both very long first names and very short first + last names.

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated, as I am currently splitting my file with the below formula and the manually copying three workbooks together. Doing this 70 times each month is a burden. End goal is having one workbook for each common name with a Month, YTD and Full Year tab (bonus would be including a data tab at the end based off of the full year tab).

Sub Splitbook()
Dim xPath As String
xPath = Application.ActiveWorkbook.Path
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each xWs In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
xWs.Copy
Application.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=xPath & "" & xWs.Name & ".xlsx"
Application.ActiveWorkbook.Close False
Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True