Consulting

Thread: Counter from given date

VBAX Newbie
    Counter from given date

Hey.
    I’m trying to create a PowerPoint presentation that when launched will display how many days, hours and minutes have elapsed since a given date and time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

VBAX Mentor
    AFAIK, PP does not have facility to build formulas. Can embed an Excel worksheet that displays calculations.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

VBAX Newbie
    got it working a bit...

I did manage to get the attached working.
    But it only works when you run the macro and it doesn't update as the presentation plays.
    I need it to run on the presentation being launched and continue to update.

Any geniuses out there?

P
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Newbie
    I guess what I'm trying to make is something like this, the Eric Swalwell timer...
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 01-15-2024 at 06:56 PM. Reason: removed the spam link

VBAX Mentor
    That youtube has nothing to do with a timer.

There is no presentation to play. I executed the code and the timer does continually update display. But timers can be such processor hogs. My laptop sounds like a rocket about to blast off and overheating like crazy.
    Last edited by June7; 01-15-2024 at 12:46 PM.
    How to attach file: Reading and Posting Messages (vbaexpress.com), click Go Advanced below post edit window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

VBAX Regular
    Have you looked at this post, the user has basically done what you're trying to do VBA Powerpoint - Auto run on open and run in the background - Stack Overflow "I'm trying to create a powerpoint presentation which will show the number of days since an injury in the workplace."

Banned VBAX Newbie
    To the best of my knowledge (AFAIK), PowerPoint does not have the capability to construct formulas directly. However, you can incorporate an Excel worksheet that showcases calculations.
    Last edited by Aussiebear; 03-22-2024 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Removed spam