Afternoon All,

First post and a request for help straight away. Hopefully,this ok to post.

Disclaimer – Although I’ve used Excel for years for variousreasons, I’ll admit my knowledge of how it works is basic to say the least. Wehave a few issues that I need help to fix, so I may end up creating separate posts.Anyway, here is a start.

My situation is that we have inspection sheets that our Teamuse that have been created in word by another Member of my Team. The sheets havea couple of tables in which data has been entered. I need to extract this dataand place it in an excel spreadsheet. To date there are approx 800 sheets thatI need to work through.

From Googling, I think, I can see that this is possible byusing VBA and macro. I’ve tried working through forum posts and youtubetutorials and to my shame haven’t really been able to extract any data. Therecould be many reasons for this or it could be that I am such a muppet that theproblems is with me. This is why I’ve decided to admit my shortcomings and askfor help. No doubt, even with you good People helping, I’ll get it wrong andhave to ask some idiot questions.

I’ve attached a copy of the inspection sheet we use. I’vedeleted the text from the original to protect the innocent but highlighted inyellow the cells from which I want to extract text. Hopefully, this will helpbut if there’s anything else you or I need, let me know.

Going forward, I’m changing the sheets to excel documents asI’m assuming this will make it easier. Is this correct?

Can I also run a macro to automatically PDF all the sheets?Can this be run in the same macro when extracting the data? If this makes itcomplicated, please ignore this part.

So, any help appreciated. I am really hoping that I canlearn how to do this as I think we’ll be needing to do more of the same withother information.

Many thanks
Al
test Inspection sheet.docx