Hello
I need some suggestions as to how to automate a “request process” from multiple users.
Currently I have paper chits that users fill out and we data entry onto a shared spreadsheet. I have approx 176 students who are the Users . Multiple requests will be sent from each of these Users based on their requirements. For 2019 my team received 3000 requests all of which were data entered into a shared spreadsheet
This has gone on for some years and it is getting quite onerous. I am sure that there is a smarter way of doing this. I have looked at google docs and have done some browsing on various forums. Word user forms or excel forms may be a solution to this pickle.
I work for Govt so the system is quite locked down and I have access to the basic MS suite of products but not Access. There is as usual no $ available, I don’t mind what product is used as long there are time savings.
As way of explanation each “request chit” has the following info:
· Date of request
· User Id
· Year level
· Users name
· Unit required
· Date of Appt
· Day of Appt
· Time of the Appt
· Book name
This is what I was dreaming of. Each User to have access to the User form (or other) with all this information. The user to email the User form to a generic email address and for my staff to be able to import this data onto a spreadsheet so that the request can be filled. Also a receipt confirmation stating that the User form has been received.
I have no idea on how to go about this but I feel sure that this type of request has been made before.
Any suggestions ( constructive ones only please… yes I can think better things to do also ) or links to info that I can refer to and explore would be gratefully received.