Consulting

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Creating Multiple Tables Using Loop in VBA. I still want to add new sheets and add

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    • The little table at cell P1 of the Database sheet does not correspond well with the data in the Consolidated sheet - There's no Category 3 LOB in the Consolidated sheet. So the macro will create a Category 3 sheet but the tables on the left will contain no information.
    • For the tables on the right, you are putting ALL the LOBs and ALL the Tenure durations on ALL the LOB sheets - you only need to put the relevant LOB's data on each LOB sheet.
    • You've put several On Error Resume Next lines in the code which only serves to hide the errors while you're trying to debug. Only have that sort of line when you know that the following code might error and why, and immediately after the suspect lines of code have been executed you should turn that off again with an OnError Goto 0 line.
    • The errors that were hidden included you trying to put a pivot table on top of a existing pivot table, exactly the same pivot table. This would have told you that you're building the pivot table too often - you only need to do it once for each time you click the button. So you need to move that code elsewhere.
    • For each new sheet, you only need to cycle through the Tenure field. You only need to change LOB field once per new sheet.

See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Tutor
    I have marked this thread as solved since the other tables that I need to add are the same as the pivot ones
    Thank you, I know I have been a pain.

VBAX Tutor
    By the way is there a way to remove irrelevant sub categories in the filter based on the selection in main LOB filter?

VBAX Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz2409 View Post
    By the way is there a way to remove irrelevant sub categories in the filter based on the selection in main LOB filter?

Yes, sort of

See your other post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3