Consulting

Thread: Employee Feedback tracker

Employee Feedback tracker

Hi

I'm new to MS Access and would like to know if this is possible. I'd like a database with 4 hierarchy of management so that manager 1 would be at the top with multiple manager 2 and each manager 2 would have multiple manager 3 and manager 3 would have multiple manager 4 and each manager 4 would have multiple non-management colleagues under them.

Each manager would be able to view the data and statistics of the non-management colleagues under them (manager 1 would be able to view all non-management colleagues).

In the feedback tracker colleagues would enter another colleagues ID, case ID, Date the error was made status (Minor, Moderate or Major error) and description of the error, this will then add this feedback to the list that only the colleagues and managers in his hierarchy can view, there will be a sent list where colleagues can view the feedback they sent to other colleagues, the managers in their hierarchy would be able to view that as well.

there will be a page where the managers can view statistics of the number of errors, if their major or minor and higher management would be able to compare the statistics of their area, you would be able to compare the statistics on monthly basis to see if the team has improved from previous month or not.

if this is possible could you advise me where I would start to create something like this and are there any tutorials that can help me.

Thank you

VBAX Guru
    In Access versions prior to 2007 this would have been fairly simple to set up.
    2007 and later versions the progammer has to arrange who can view what by setting up queries for specific people and possibly the use of some VBA code.
    The essential part it to set up the management table giving the managers the "rights" that you want them to have.
    You then need an employee table with references to their manager.
    You will probably need a Cases tabel where the caseID and case description is entered and ideally a list of the possible errors with a table of error stuses as well.
    You may need a departments table if required.
    Data should only be entered once wherever possible and then referred to from then on.

I do not know of any tutorials, but I can guide you throught the process.

Hi

I created a table for employees, Managers, Cases, can you please guide me on what to do next, I can research about it, just need guiding in the right direction as I've never used MS access before.

Thank you

Before I start this, can MS access database support more then 1000 employee using it at the same time

No!

Use MySQL

hehehe

I hope you are putting this on a Server.
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ