Consulting

Thread: Timestamp difference in Millisecond

Timestamp difference in Millisecond

Dears,

Kindly help me to get excel formula that can calculate Timestamp difference in Millisecond
    I've attached an example of two inputs that I would like to calculate the time duration between both of them in Millisecond
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by justdream; 01-19-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Can't see the file, don't have a 4shared account, nor facebook, nor twitter, nor Google+. Never will.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Quote Originally Posted by p45cal View Post
    Can't see the file, don't have a 4shared account, nor facebook, nor twitter, nor Google+. Never will.
    No issue, I just replaced my link with attached excel file

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    In the attached, in cells B4:E4 are some longish formulae all including (twice) bits like:
    SUMPRODUCT(B2:E2,1/{24,1440,86400,86400000})
    [Those numbers are from 24 hours in a day, 1440 minutes in a day, 86400 seconds in a day and 86400000 milliseconds in a day.]
    It calculates the time stamp as a fraction of a day, which is how Excel deals with time, which means you can apply direct maths on the values.
    If you use helper cells (H2 & H3) you can make the formulae shorter (or apply simple arithmetic to them as in cell H4) to leave the formulae in B7:E7.
    I hope your time stamp differences don't go over 24 hours (because HOUR() functions in column B might go awry).

ps. Do you receive these time stamps as separate values for hours/mins/secs/millisecs or as a single value? It would be a lot easier to deal with a single value.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.