Consulting

Thread: Flashing cell

Flashing cell

I have 50 computers with Kaspersky installed in each in my office. I made an excel chart with the following headers:

Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Column F
    Row_1 System_Name User Antivirus Exp_DT Remaining Days Status
    Row_2 Pluto XYZ Kasper 21/jan/2020 1 ALERT
    Row_3 Venus ABC Kasper 4/Jan/2021 350 GRIN

I have used nested IF in col F(STATUS) to change the TEXTVALUE from "GRIN" to "ALERT" when number of days remaining comes down to 10 and below.

Now i want to Flash the cell in entire range from F2:F51 whenever the text changes from "GRIN" TO "ALERT".

I also want two Form Control buttons as : "StartBlink" and "Stopblink". On clicking the "StartBlink" button, all "ALERT" texted cell in the range should start blink.
    Regards and thanks.

I have used Conditional formatting to colour the text but FLASH option is not there and i do not know vba. So any code will be of immense help.

Why not simply filter your table on status and filter for "ALERT". ALL rows which are now visible need work!
    Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
    Excel MVP jkp-ads.com

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Flashing on sheets is awful…
    See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Oh groan, I see you've cross posted this, at least in one place at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...n-a-cell-range
    Have a read of http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    then provide links to ALL crossposts if you've cross posted elsewhere.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Karel Pieterse View Post
    Why not simply filter your table on status and filter for "ALERT". ALL rows which are now visible need work!
    thought of doing that also but i remain so busy at times that i may miss it. Moreover it will be displayed in a big TV through HDMI CABLE for everyone to see.

thanks a ton. solved my purpose. Hats off