Consulting

Thread: VBA code for consolidating/transf data from multiple worksheets in one Template sheet

VBAX Newbie
    VBA code for consolidating/transf data from multiple worksheets in one Template sheet

hallo,

trying to make a vba code for consolidating/transfering data fm multiple sheets with different ranges into a template worksheet in same workbook.
    Including IF statement for slecting the range to transfer fm each sheet for column A (starting from A10) if A10 onwards is not blank -then copy ranges A10:I10,A11:I11 untill A.. is blank.
    And paste into template sheet starting C7 onward looping through all sheets in the workbook.
    attached draft file.Ranges for transfer in different sheets are marked in yelow.
    Last sheet is the template one.

tahnx a lot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have looked at your workbook, aside from the language differences, understand what you want to do. The problem I have is with the "Template" worksheet. It changes as I scroll up, down or sideways. The behavior is very odd. My attempts at trying to correct this have failed. Perhaps you can provide some insight on what is happening.
    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

"1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 70 4D4P7 70 CH4NG3 - 573PH3N H4WK1NG"

VBAX Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Leith Ross View Post
    Hello roko_75,

I have looked at your workbook, aside from the language differences, understand what you want to do. The problem I have is with the "Template" worksheet. It changes as I scroll up, down or sideways. The behavior is very odd. My attempts at trying to correct this have failed. Perhaps you can provide some insight on what is happening.
    hello Ross,

thanx a lot for the quick feedback.
    Some of the language is Bulgarian.Sheets are seperate loading orders that need to be transfered in one cargo manifest at the end.
    I have looked over template have no issues.
    Basiclly a new blank sheet can be inserted as template I will sort out headers lately.
    Just transfer of data fm sheets where not blank A:I to start in template fm C7 on.
    I have tried with macro recorder and then changing the VBA my self but can not quite sort the IF statements and the loop.

thanx a lot appreciated

rgds
    rosen

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    The attached contains this macro:
    Sub blah()
    Dim rngDataEnd As Range
    Sheets("Template cm").Copy after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
    Set shtDestn = ActiveSheet
    Set Destn = shtDestn.Range("C7")
    For Each sht In Sheets
      With sht
        'If Not (sht Is shtDestn) And sht.Name <> "Template cm" And InStr(sht.Name, "Template") = 0 Then
        If InStr(sht.Name, "Template") = 0 Then
          Set rngDataEnd = .Range("B:B").Find("???? ??????????", .Range("B10"), xlFormulas, xlWhole, searchformat:=False)
          If Not rngDataEnd Is Nothing Then
            Set rngToCopy = .Range(.Range("A10"), .Cells(rngDataEnd.Row - 1, "I"))

'either:
            'rngToCopy.Copy Destn
            'or:
            Destn.Resize(rngToCopy.Rows.Count, rngToCopy.Columns.Count).Value = rngToCopy.Value

Set Destn = Destn.Offset(rngToCopy.Rows.Count)
          End If
        End If
      End With
    Next sht
    End Sub
    Note the line containing the red:
    Set rngDataEnd = .Range("B:B").Find("???? ??????????", .Range("B10"), xlFormulas, xlWhole, searchformat:=False)
    where the red text works because it happens to pattern-match the correct cell, but it should really be what an internet translation tool tells me means auto compositions.
    You need to adjust the code to replace all those question marks with what's in cell B11 on sheet 73. I can't do it here because of locale differences.

The code also has an either:/or: choice in the middle; one copies values and formats, the other copies values only. Enable/disable the appropriate lines.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by p45cal; 01-28-2020 at 07:04 AM.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Newbie

really thanx a lot -have done the adjustments and it is working perfectly .
    much appreciated.

rgds
    Rosen

VBAX Sage
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3