Consulting

Thread: Trying to mimic a SCADA package with PowerPoint

VBAX Newbie
    Trying to mimic a SCADA package with PowerPoint

Hi Chaps
    New to this forum and VBA so go easy on me. I was wondering if I could use PowerPoint to act like a basic SCADA package. What I would like to do is mouse click on an object (a mimic of a switch for example), the switch would change its appearance to indicate that it has been operated. At the same time a lamp would change its appearance to look like it has been energized. I think this would be relatively easy to do but if I were to add a second switch to control the lamp (the same as a 2 way switching circuit like you find in your house for the landing light) and try to make it so that either switch will turn the lamp on or off, it may be a little more tricky.

In a SCADA package I would assign a logic value to both of the switch operations and create an expression for the lamp appearance behaviour something like:

(switch1 + switch2==0)or(switch1 + switch2==2)?1 else 0

From above it can be seen that if the switch combination equals 1 or 2 then output a 1 to turn the lamp on (if any other value i.e. 1 output a 0 which means lamp off)
    I know it’s a bit of a stretch but can anyone see how this could be implemented in PowerPoint possibly by using some kind of VBA script.

Thanks in anticipation.

VBAX Newbie

VBAX Master

Does this do it?
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

VBAX Newbie
    Certainly does. Thanks for that. Just going to pick my way through the VBA code to figure it out. Very grateful.