Consulting

Thread: Stop label controls on forms from changing width when editing label text

VBAX Regular
    Stop label controls on forms from changing width when editing label text

Is there a way to stop label controls on forms from auto-sizing (changing width) when editing the text in the label in design view?

Currently the label width decreases (or increases) to match the text entered/changed. I would prefer that the label width not change. I believe that this was not the default behavior of labels when using earlier versions of Access and perhaps started with Access 365. There does not seem to be a property under the Format tab on the Property Sheet to change this behavior. I'm hoping there is a more hidden property that can be changed using VBA code to turn this 'auto-size' feature off. If there is, I would simply write some VBA code to cycle through all the label controls on a form to turn the auto-sizing property off.

Thanks in advance for any info, even if it is a definitive response that this is not possible with Access 365 and that I'm stuck with this auto-size behavior.

VBAX Guru
    But as you say older versions have fixed width labels that you control with the Width property.
    They do not have a "can grow" or "can shrink" property.

Hey there, thanks for asking. What programm software are you using? Have you tried checking for essay papers? As far as I know older versions of Access 365 had manual Width control. Hope I was of use.

Quote Originally Posted by hkeiner View Post
    Is there a way to stop label controls on forms from auto-sizing (changing width) when editing the text in the label in design view?

Currently the label width decreases (or increases) to match the text entered/changed. I would prefer that the label width not change. I believe that this was not the default behavior of labels when using earlier versions of Access and perhaps started with Access 365. There does not seem to be a property under the Format tab on the Property Sheet to change this behavior. I'm hoping there is a more hidden property that can be changed using VBA code to turn this 'auto-size' feature off. If there is, I would simply write some VBA code to cycle through all the label controls on a form to turn the auto-sizing property off.

Thanks in advance for any info, even if it is a definitive response that this is not possible with Access 365 and that I'm stuck with this auto-size behavior.
    To avoid this issue, I edit the label caption in the property sheet.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach
    Microsoft Access MVP -2010-2015

Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

VBAX Newbie
    Hm, I also dont know Access 365 and I have a similar problem. Sorry for asking, but where can I find property sheet to edit the label caption? I'm new here. Cause I asked my friend about it, he works at writing service and he is a pro at assignment writing so I thought he will gimme a piece of advice but he is strong only at writing assignmetns and other papers. Pls answer me, cause I cannot find a guide about it. Thanks!

VBAX Guru
    The property sheet can be accessed when the Form or report is in design view.