Consulting

Thread: Using Structured Cell References

VBAX Expert
    Using Structured Cell References

Why would the structured reference at the end of the following formula, {=AVERAGE(IF(((DATES>=TODAY()-$G6)*(HOUR(DATES)<12))>0,(tblBP[SYS])))}, automatically get changed to {=AVERAGE(IF(((DATES>=TODAY()-$G6)*(HOUR(DATES)<12))>0,(BP!$B$3:$B$880)))} once the workbook is saved and I exit Excel? Every time I go back into Excel and open the workbook the formula has been changed to reflect fixed cell references rather than the original structured table reference.

I have the "Use table names in formulas" option checked. I am using Excel 2007.

I am just guessing, but square brackets are a shorthand for 'Evaluate.'
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by SamT View Post
    I am just guessing, but square brackets are a shorthand for 'Evaluate.'
    I haven't a clue. All of the tutorials I have reviewed regarding structured formulas for references to tables reflect the square brackets as the correct way to reference a particular column within a table.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Let's see the workbook where this is happening!
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Expert
    I was hoping there would be some glaringly simple superficial thing I was overlooking. I can easily get around the issue by naming the ranges within the table and just referencing the named ranges instead. Thanks.