Consulting

Thread: Sleeper: Macro to compare two workbook

VBAX Newbie
    Sleeper: Macro to compare two workbook

Hello,

I have two different excel workbooks. Where I need to check one column with the other in another workbook. I need to check whether one column data is available or not in the second file and if available check for differences in data and highlight differences in the second sheet and if not available highlight the data in the first sheet or vice versa.

My problem is both the excel workbook are not in the same format. So for starter, I want to compare one column (which,if possible, I want to select dynamically ) with the (any)column in the other workbook (if possible dynamically) and highlight changes. Here Dynamic selection will allow me to discard the different format of the workbooks.

I'm a complete beginner and all the VBA codes I've used till now are courtesy of Google and VBA forums. So I'm not sure if this is possible at all when I have the workbooks in different formats. Please let me know your suggestions.

VBAX Newbie
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    Are you looking to check if a whole column is available in both worksheets (say by the header) or do you want to compare cell by cell if data is the same/different within a column in one workbok as data in another column in the other workbook?
    Not at all clear on what you want, nor in how you want the results displayed.
    Suggest you supply a workbook with 2 sheets in (one of them masquerading as a sheet in a different workbook), with a column in each with some sample data (it only needs to be about 10 cells in each) where you've highlighted as you expect highlighting to appear. We should be able to workout what you're after.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.