Consulting

Thread: Combining Multiple Worksheets with Same Table Headers

VBAX Newbie
    Question Combining Multiple Worksheets with Same Table Headers

Hi all,

im new the land of VBA coding and only really learnt the absolute basics so far.

every month i have to analyse data in a worksheet that contains 13 tabs (One for each branch/Office). Each tab has the data laid out in the same way (Same headers) with some cells locked to avoid users overwriting the formula's.

Im looking for a macro to combine all the worksheets into one new worksheet which will make my analysis easier. rather than creating multiple pivots for each branch.

Any Helps is appreciated.

Amy

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    What version of Excel are you using?
    Any version from 2013 should support what's now built-in to Excel: a flavour of Power Query/Get & Transform Data, which for repetitive tasks would be an ideal solution, especially if you do further analysis of the resultant sheet and even more especially if you make a pivot table from that data - to the point that you may need do little more than refresh a pivot table.

Perhaps an attached workbook 2 or 3 dummy sheets with handful of rows of dummy data would spur us on to give you a solution.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Newbie
    im using Excel 2016 but i cant see the power query when searching, i will need to google later this evening. i will attach a sample later this evening for you

thanks for replying

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    In Excel 2016 it's on the Data tab of the ribbon, in the Get & Transform section, Show Queries, New Query, From Table etc.
    Look forward to your file.
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.